This will become your new favorite sidedish or midday snack. It has two ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
You can also sprinkle some garlic salt on the zucchini before adding the parmesan for extra flavoring.
By baking at a relatively high temperature, the zucchini gets nice and soft, with an almost creamy texture, while the Parmesan turns crispy and golden brown.
Keep in mind, the zucchini rounds do shrink a bit during the baking process, so make more than it looks like you’ll be able to eat.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt, optional
- Place oven rack in center position of oven. Preheat to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil (lightly misted with cooking spray) OR parchment paper.
- Wash and dry zucchini, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange zucchini rounds on prepared pan, with little to no space between them. If desired, lightly sprinkle zucchini with garlic salt.
- Use a small spoon to spread a thin layer of Parmesan cheese on each slice of zucchini.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until Parmesan turns a light golden brown. (Watch these closely the first time you make them and pull them out of the oven early if the Parmesan is golden before 15 minutes!) Serve immediately.
Subscribe to our monthly e-mail newsletter to stay updated on our latest recipes, articles, and upcoming events at Clear Chiropractic!